Friday, February 27, 2009

Empty Apartments

You and I were driving one time.
There where three other people in the car.
I remember thinking that if I were to suddenly die at that exact moment, I wouldn't be upset.
That everyone I loved was around me and that I needed no one else.
That the future didn't matter and everything was perfect.
It was then that you made the promises.
That you sang empty apartment to me.
It was then that matter.
I do not know you anymore.
In fact, every single person in that car is not in my life anymore.
I keep having dreams about you.
They always seem to revolve around what ifs and what could of beens.
It's so strange.
The thing that bothers me the most, is that I have absolutely nothing to remember you by.
All I have left is a simple photograph of you and I.
I remember someone telling me that you'll always love your first true girlfriend more than your wife.
Does that hold any substance?
I don't know.
But, what I do know is that you constantly are what I compare others to.
It's wrong.
I feel like you're going to be the person I always care about in the long run and that hurts.
I feel like maybe I'm that person for someone also, and that scares me.
I wish you could keep your promise.

No comments: