Saturday, January 10, 2009

What is something you are optimistic about?

Something I am optimistic about would have to be the future of this man.
That sounds so creepy and weird.
But, really, I just sit back and watch him, and he really knows how to get what he wants.
I've known him for about 5 years now, and he is the person I am the proudest of in my life and the one person I look up to.
I'm not saying he's never made a mistake, because he has, but he's pretty close to perfect.
I wish I had the drive and ambition that fuels him.
I see him living the dream, and it makes me wonder if I'll ever be as happy as him.
I just don't understand how things don't get him down. 
I want inside his head.
Actually, I rather meet his father.


I'm a huge pessimist.
I'm always negative.

I'm optimistic when it comes to school.
I'm optimistic about some things in life, which I don't feel compelled to write on here considering I already wrote a novel.

I met some guy from high school musical 3 today.
It was so funny.
I was dying laughing.
He blushed a lot when he was talking to me.
I've never ever seen any of the high school musicals.
I'm going to try and keep it that way.


I went and saw Yes Man with my super awesomely cute boyfriend.
Then it was really cold.
So, the most logical thing to do was to go to sonic and get slushies, right?
Alex being the cool person he is said green apple when he meant to say orange.

But yeah. So, this poem, not sure how I feel about it. Some times I read it and love it. Other times I hate it. Cool?







Manage me.

Manage me,
I am a mess,
swept under the rug of yesterday's home improvement,
a whimsical urge tossed aside for the easy reassurance of home and comfort.
I am the photograph tucked away as a book-mark,
in a book left half unread,
once reopened to find memories crawling back into peripheral sight,
faded, creased and lonely.
I long to be admired,
long to be held, torn and laughed at,
laughed with,
like a distant relative or an old friend breathing in their last breath.
I missed the moment when time collapsed and memory was erased,
replaced by finicky social experiments,
lost in the blur of intoxication,
sucked through multi-colored bendy-straws,
making way for a spinning world where hub-caps stood still,
but our vision didn't.
If I could leave you with only one thing,
it would be small, foldable, and made from trees,
with a few careless words,
scribbled in blue;

Take a minute to learn me,
take a moment to love me,
because I need your love to live,
and without it,
I am nothing.

No comments: